• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food diary

C

ChicagoCrohns

food diary

I posted this on another thread so I'm sorry if it's a repeat.
Do you or have you kept a food diary? Has it helped? What do you put in it? How long have you (or did you) kept it?

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I currently do not keep one. I did a while ago, and found that it was not too beneficial for me. This was mostly due to me making one when I was in pretty bad condition, and no food was going good with me.

I found that I was able to realize what foods were triggering symptoms in me without keeping a diary. It usually took several times eating the certain food though, so I diary would probably be better at finding out trigger foods faster.

S

scottishgirl

i keep one and find it helps.
i note down what i eat during the day and in another column i write any pains and toilet runs ive had and times, it helped me realise which foods to avoid and which ones i could eat

V

Valentina

I dont, and never have. I can see the benifits of it, but Im lazy when it comes to that kind of stuff.