• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

For those of you on SSI

it depends if you live in the USA or other country. I live in the USA and it took me 12 weeks to get my back pay once the judge told me in court (he also said that I shouldn't have been denied the 1st time either, well DUH!! my caseworker was a %itch & even had the nerve to tell me that she was going to make sure I got denied seeing as I wasn't even 65 yrs. old @ the time of filing or that ill. um, I just had a stroke, 12" clot still on the brain,CD problems, anxiety, recovering from being paralyzed & couldn't drive etc. & I can work?? riiiighhtt lady...pound salt)that I was 100% disabled and could NOT work.

If it goes pass 12 weeks, call the social security office with your case/claim # and ask for an update on your status. If they start BSing you, contact your attorney.