• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

For those with no bum, A rather odd question.

This sounds gross... and weird... but have any of you who have had your butts sewn up & removed etc, noticed that it still smells the same back there? Like.. well... ASS... (Or arse for us other non US folks :p)

Really odd question i know. And no i am not a dirty person. I wash my butt crack DAILY lol

I'm thinking it may actually be the glands around it that make the smell? But it would be nice to know if others have the same thing or if i am just a freak!

Anyways.... Thanks !

Nope Lotte, nothing at all there to cause a smell. Have u had a look with a mirror lol. I have, its not easy.

Hi Michelle how are you doing since ur op?

Kaz xx

Crohn'sFor Life

Colon Free!
I still have a bit of my rectum. My butt wasn't sewn up.
I notice that I have mucous and body fluid discharge everyday. It smells a bit fishy, but does not smell like stool or butt.

My mucus poops initially smelled quite fishy too.
I was rather taken aback by the odour.
They changed over time and now just smell - like - um - mucus poops.

That's what this forum is for, asking gross questions.

I've had everything removed and sewn up (13 years ago). I have never noticed any smell - sometimes a bit sweaty on a hot day after exercise, but that's all.

Nope Lotte, nothing at all there to cause a smell. Have u had a look with a mirror lol. I have, its not easy.

Hi Michelle how are you doing since ur op?

Kaz xx
I'm ok thanks, Kaz. The incision they made has healed up nicely as far as I can tell, but no difference with the discharge, unfortunately! :( Going back on the 25th of July. How are you doing?

What a nuisance Michelle. Hope they can come up with a solution in July. I am doing great since the op, wounds have healed really well. Horrible pains in my upper stomach though, and ulcers in my mouth. Think crohns is on the march... Not sure what to do cos I don't fancy any invasive tests or toxic meds. But dont want it to get a grip either xx