• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Forks Over Knives/ Whole food plant based diet

I just watched this video and had a look at their website. Has anyone followed this food plan and what were the results of it?

I have had some success following the FODMAP plan but am interested in going vegetarian or vegan but a lot of the ingrediants most commonly used go against the FODMAP (legumes, beans, mushrooms).

Any info would be helpful!!

THanks Kelley

I haven't tried these diets but to be honest everyones system is different and I think you should gently introduce these foods to your diet and see how you react- your body will tell you if they suit you or not

I just watched this video and had a look at their website. Has anyone followed this food plan and what were the results of it?

I have had some success following the FODMAP plan but am interested in going vegetarian or vegan but a lot of the ingrediants most commonly used go against the FODMAP (legumes, beans, mushrooms).

Any info would be helpful!!

THanks Kelley
Hi Kelly:
Dr.Fuhrman's coaches people online with following the diet based on Forks over Knives. You can google him. He has many patients with Crohn's. I have been able to go into remission( ( not 100% better but a lot better) on a vegan, gluten free no oil, salt, or sugar diet. Why not google him. You do not have to eat the mushrooms, beans right away he can coach you to reintroduce them in your diet.
I was interested in the FODMAP diet. Where did you find information.

I can't remember wher I first heard it, but when I mentioned it to my GI she said she recommends it for all her IBS patients. It apparently was developed by Doctors in Australia about 10 years ago.

I just googles it. The dr is Sue Shepard.

I also just bought a book on Amazon , called IBS Free at Last.

I heard about that book, did it help you?
Honestly I rather buy Shepherds book, but it is not available on Amazon, and buying it from Australia is very expensive.