• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Forum virgin xx

My name is Karen I have had crohn's for 25 years, 4 bowel resections, have fibromyalgia and arthritis in my neck. All that said I believe I cope quite well considering. My crohns is back after about 8 years and I have been prescribed azathioprine 50mg have only been taking for 3 days and so far no side effects.
I have found reading the feedback from the forum very helpful.
I shall continue to post and use it as a support, I need this treatment to work as I have not the option of surgery because of all the scare tissue from the previous operations.
One concern I have is that I will not be able to judge accurately any side effects because of the fibromyalgia but I believe time will tell.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Just to confirm is the Aza the only med you have been given to settle the tum? You should be on regular bloods now for this so the docs can use these to a certain point to indicate whether it is causing any problems. Have you been on any other meds previously for your crohn's? Do you notice any improvement with your symptoms depending on what you eat?

Am glad you have decided to join and have found the forum helpful.

AB
xx

KWalker

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear you are coping well with the struggles you've had to face. Crohns can certainly make things difficult for an individual but a positive attitude can make all the difference, so it makes me happy to hear that you are optimistic still :)

This is a great forum and I can assure you that you will find a great deal of information and support so you never feel alone when fighting this disease. I hope you have some success with the medicine and I hope to see you around the forum!

Don't ever hesitate to ask any questions because there are many others on here going through exactly what you're going through

David

Co-Founder
Hi Karen and welcome to the community. With 4 resections and fibromyalgia, I will bet money that you are deficient in magnesium and possible vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Have you ever had your vitamin D and B12 levels tested? And have you ever tried supplementing magnesium? If you are indeed deficient in these and properly supplement, it can make an enormous difference in your symptoms and quality of life.

All my best to you.