• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Found success with Tacrolinus ointment

Hi I just thought I would spread some good news for a change, my daughter has been suffering extreme pain for a few months now with anal fissures and perianal desease. Her surgeon pretty much said her only option was to have her complete rectum removed. After many bouts of crying, sitz baths amongst other treatments I found this cream mentioned on this forum. It is Tacrolinus or "protopic" ointment. I asked our doctor to prescribe it and he did, I might add he had never heard of it used for this problems. Anyway i know it is early days but she has been using it for 4 days now and she has finally had a movement last night with hardly any pain at all. It really shows that you have to do your own research and dont rely on doctors for your treatments. We have our fingers crossed that this continues but at all costs she has had some days of releif from the pain. Thanks guys:

Crohn's Mom

That's great !
I'm glad your daughter is finding some relief for her pain, and I hope it last a very long time!
This forum is awesome for information and support ! :)

:thumright:That's awesome mom!!

Way to go on researching and finding a solution for your girl!:applause:

And great that your Dr. was willing to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing :)