• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

From IBD to Crohn's

Hi All,

I have recently had my IBD diagnosis changed to Crohn's and I'm not coping well. Has anyone experienced this and can they give me some tips.

Many thanks everyone.

I was diagnosed with crohn's lately and I know exactly how you feel it feels like sh*t yea, and you feel out of control yea it has lots of awful symptoms cramps are terrible I didn't have diarrhea yet but you may have it and belly pain and maybe woser symptoms but you will cope with it with time you just need time to adjust to your new life what you can eat or what you can't "I'm still struggling with this part" and hopefully you will be fine with the food you can handle and medication. Best of luck.

I hope I answered quickly unlike most people here who see and ignore.

When you say IBD do you mean IBS as IBD is inflammatory bowel disease so either crohns or UC? I have both so if you can clarify I'll try & give as much help as I can ☺

When you say IBD do you mean IBS as IBD is inflammatory bowel disease so either crohns or UC? I have both so if you can clarify I'll try & give as much help as I can ☺
Sorry, I was tired when I was writing. I should have said UC to Crohn's.

Thank you for the advice.

Have you tried a food diary to see what foods aggavate your gut? Maybe once you have been on the medicines for a while things will settle down or maybe the doctor will have to make some adjustments with the medicines .

Sorry, I was tired when I was writing. I should have said UC to Crohn's.

Thank you for the advice.

No worries, that makes sense ☺ I've had crohns 30 years & currently In midst of first flare in 20 years which is being very difficult to control. I've had most of the old school meds & now I've started on to biologics. It really is a "B" of a disease & I have good and bad days. Some days it really gets me down, especially when I'm stuck on the loo for hours having to read stories to my 1 year old on my lap cos I just can't get off the loo (I'm a single mum of two) and things just get on top of me. I do take anti depressants now as being this unwell especially juggling the kids got me down so Drs put me on meds to help with that. Physically Crohns is draining but it's also mentally draining & starts to knock your confidence (I barely leave the house) not helped by the side effects of the meds I'm on... If you have any general questions about the disease I'm sure lots of people will jump in. I find sometimes just ranting on here helps me feel better... let me know if you have any specific questions ☺☺☺

I have no specific questions. I've had what is now Crohn's from age 11. I am now 37. I had a Toxic Megacolon when I was 19, I guess that was my first serious flare. I was left with a temporary Ileostomy in the hope this would be turned into a J-Pouch. Even though I was sent to the work leading St.Marks I was still incorrectly diagnosed with UC and had a pouch created. I knew there was something wrong but I trusted the Surgeons. The moment I had the final operation it all went to hell and I almost died. After 4.5 months I was released weighing 6.5 stone.

I know have a permanent Ileostomy and Crohn's. I am in pain everyday and take strong painkillers. The Biologics do not appear to be working and I am unable to walk far without supervision.

It was the loss of hope that I resent most deeply. The hope that I would be able to hold down a career and be financially secure. All of that has now gone. I don't know what the future holds but I just want to hold onto what little quality of life I do have. It is difficult to explain the relentless cruelty of this disease. At least on here people understand.

I have no specific questions. I've had what is now Crohn's from age 11. I am now 37. I had a Toxic Megacolon when I was 19, I guess that was my first serious flare. I was left with a temporary Ileostomy in the hope this would be turned into a J-Pouch. Even though I was sent to the work leading St.Marks I was still incorrectly diagnosed with UC and had a pouch created. I knew there was something wrong but I trusted the Surgeons. The moment I had the final operation it all went to hell and I almost died. After 4.5 months I was released weighing 6.5 stone.

I know have a permanent Ileostomy and Crohn's. I am in pain everyday and take strong painkillers. The Biologics do not appear to be working and I am unable to walk far without supervision.

It was the loss of hope that I resent most deeply. The hope that I would be able to hold down a career and be financially secure. All of that has now gone. I don't know what the future holds but I just want to hold onto what little quality of life I do have. It is difficult to explain the relentless cruelty of this disease. At least on here people understand.
Sending you support.

Sending you a big hug 𗀃

I am not sure about apps. You keep a list of the foods you ate and how many times you visited the bathroom. If you tended to go to the bathroom more then there is probably a certain food that bothers your stomach.