• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Frontal lobotomy cured Crohn's Disease?

A cured Crohns patient??

I just had a call from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital about donations for their cancer research, I apologized for not been able to donate this year because I’m spending my money on Crohns research.

She went on to tell me a lady she knows had Crohns, lived a fun life with it like all of us have, then about 9 years ago she was in a horrible car crash. Had a small brain operation (similar to a very small frontal lobotomy), and ever since, she has had no signs of Crohns whatsoever!!!!!!!!! Her doctors cannot explain it??

If I get a little time, I’m going to see if there’s any way I can hunt this woman’s doctor down and get confirmation on this story. But it was a good friend of hers, not someone that knew someone whose sister knew someone’s dad who had a daughter with Crohns type thing. So the story may be true.

Not that I want a lobotomy.

Or a horrific car crash.

Hmmmm.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
How would a lobotomy make you any different Jed? Just wondering.
I MISS YOU!!! Glad to see you back! What's up with the new job and the computer? Are you back in your old corner yet? Everyone wants to know I'm sure!

I'd bet a few people on here would go through one brain surgery to get rid of Crohn's forever. Problem is, it's probably only a one case study so far and I wouldn't want to try it "just in case" it might work.

lol, told wifey about the lobotomy bit, and she says

"GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!"

he he he he

doing well here burp!, jobs going well, just dont have the time i used to to come here and play:( there is quite a few people who i am missing a lot on here, but i get to PM them, or harrass them somewhere else every so often;) you know who you are!!!!!

my crohns is still going really well, got my LDN sitting up in my cupboard or drugs all ready to go now. so i'll start trying that soon. but yeah, i do love what methotrexate has done for me, but it retards sperm, so i've lost the income i made once a week at the donor bank.... just kidding;) me and wifey are still considering kids late next year, so i just wanna see how i go with LDN>:)

only thing annoying me at the moment is the cold weather is arting here, so the arthritus is starting to play up a little again, bugger....

always good to hear from you burp, hope you and everyone here are all doing OK for themselves.

hullo to any new members that read this, congrats on your wonderful diagnosis, now you can hang out here with us:D hope your diagnosis goes quickly, and finding your right drug balance goes even quicker. it seems to take a while to get things under control, but you will get to a pretty decent state of health again one day.

best wishes to all,
Jed.

Last edited:
omg i would not do that either with only one person's experience for evidence.
very interesting though. im wondering the same thing as MBH, how would brain surgery affect crohns??
huh.
yay jed! :)

Last edited:
from what i got from the lady that called me, she thought the doctors thought it may have been more about the shock to her system.

ahh kello:tongue:

Kinda related... I worked with a guy whose mother had Crohn's her whole life... then one day they found out she had a brain tumor (benign) and they removed it and she is all better. They said that they think the tumor was pressing on certain things in her brain to make them think she had Crohn's when really she didn't. I guess we could all have brain tumors pressing on things in our heads... making it look like Crohn's Disease.

Now that's a happy thought. :)

Actually, I think I'd rather have it that way... then I'd get this shit fixed. Literally.

katiesue1506 said:
Kinda related... I worked with a guy whose mother had Crohn's her whole life... then one day they found out she had a brain tumor (benign) and they removed it and she is all better. They said that they think the tumor was pressing on certain things in her brain to make them think she had Crohn's when really she didn't. I guess we could all have brain tumors pressing on things in our heads... making it look like Crohn's Disease.

Now that's a happy thought. :)

Actually, I think I'd rather have it that way... then I'd get this shit fixed. Literally.
Right before I was diagnosed with Crohn's I had an MRI of my brain looking for a tumor. They found nothing....*snort*. :ylol2:

CD68 said:
Right before I was diagnosed with Crohn's I had an MRI of my brain looking for a tumor. They found nothing....*snort*. :ylol2:

No tumor, no brain, just bad sinuses.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
I just had an MRI done this AM. Can't wait to prove to everyone that I do, in fact, have a brain.

Meanwhile, I'm revving up my mistress (yes, that's my sportscar's nickname) and driving into the first tree I see.

Welcome back Jed. Hardly know you but have enjoyed reading your posts.

Last edited:
With a leather Awl, and a rubber Mallet, I think I could manage a home lobotomy.

I certainly would not worry much after the procedure, or think much for that matter. Maybe that is how it works?

I think I will leave this particular experimental treatment for someone else.

Dan