• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Frustrated and feeling alone.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I hate talking to people about my issues and I guess this might be the place to do it. Hoping people on here will be understanding then my family and friends. I am married and have kids and love them to peices. They are older now and moving on with their lives and I feel kind of alone sometimes. How can ahusband understand what you are going through? When they don't have these problems.I hope I can maybe make a friend on here to talk to.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to a place where we all support one another and get how hard it can be. Your husband may not know what it feels like but I'm sure he sees you struggling. Is he supportive? Are your friends supportive?

Where do you live? Maybe there is a local crohn's support group you can join.

Hi I wanted to welcome you to the forum and feel free to talk about your issues and ask questions. Post of us here have issues with close people understanding what we go through and I hope you find the support you need here :hug:

Thanks to all of you who replied. My husband tried to be supportive and I do try to do everything to take good care of my home and him. But, I just feel like he doesn't really get it sometimes. I will say how sick I am and he'll still say when he is hungry, "so when is dinner?" I then say, "I am sick "and he says, oh I'm sorry, what is there for me to eat?" It's like he's helpless but he was a bachelor for many years before I met him and lived with a man roomate. He had to do all his own wash and food prep. Why are men (not all of you), but alot suddenly helpless when you get married?
I do have a crohns support group nearby, but cannot go due to a shcedule conflict. It is only one time a month on a day I have other obligations and can't change it. That is why I came here.Thankyou to you all.

This is a great place to talk to others who understand most of what you are going through. Sometimes just knowing that you are not alone is a big help. When I was first diagnosed, it was a great piece of mind to come on to the forum and be with people who "get it". Again, welcome you to the forum. :Flower:

nogutsnoglory

Even though you can't make the support group meetings, try for any events they have. I'd also give the office a call because they can match you up with a local peer to talk to and gain support and experience from. You already found us which is a great start.

Ok, I will and thanks again for everything. It is so nice having someone out there who knows what I am going thruogh. I am having a good few days and I hope it stays this way for awhile.

Hi Monterey,

Hope you're ok and are still having good days. I can sympathise with you....people will never understand fully unless they have it too. I have not been well lately and got really upset with my husband and told him he needs to read up about my crohns again....luckily he did read up about it again and speaks more about it with me now. Maybe ask him to read up about symptoms etc so he understands more?

It is hard, I feel like family/friends just think I'm being lazy sometimes because they don't understand.

I have found this forum very very useful, hope it's the same for you.

Yvette.

Hi. i'm hoping you will have many good days. i'm going through the same thing. my husband, friends, and what family i have offer no support and no help. i asked them to look up stuff with me, they have no interest. i told my husband im not a maid or a waitress. and that he would have to do somethings on his own. i think it should be mutual to do things for each other. my husband and i are falling apart. i dont know why i hang on to a disrespectful ,selfish, unloving person. im to forgiving and we have a child. i hope your marriage gets better communication . my husband segways anytime i try to talk about crohns. im wanting to segway out the door! good luck! hugs

Oh no, hope it gets better for you.

It takes for me to get upset and then he realised again. Just been through same this morning because I haven't washed his football shorts! Grrrr!