• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

G I Visit Yesterday!!

well i went to see my g.i yesterday to see about reconnection, right when i walked in he said that he didnt reconise me cause i finally look normal/great!! he game me the old one finger treatment that all of us love so much..lol he said that he was very happy with the way the muscles reacted, he is very optimistic on getting me reconnected, im going in for scopes hopefully next tues, as long as him and my sergon are in on the same day so they both can be there together when im getting scoped so they can see at the same time what everything looks like.. he said that with all the weight gain and the way i feel and look that the rectum should be healed, when there is a longterm disconnection the rectum heals its self and has a better chance of reconnect without a problem.. they just need to see if the rectum can hold air and act as a pouch for everything to gather so i dont need to goto the "office/2nd home" every five minutes so i can maintain a normal life, outside of the bathroom.. my main consern was the fact that ive been off all crohns meds for well over a year now, he said that once we scope that he will put me back on humira and methrotrexate to help the situation before surgery, then i will continue with those meds after aswell.. So at this point iam very happy, but i dont want to get too excited, not until i have a final word and the surgery date!! ill let everyone know what happens in the next week or so!!:)

R

ruthymg

Glad to hear you've had positive news from your doc. You'll have to let me know how the resection goes as I am too waiting for one. I too saw my doc on Wed and I'm gonna have the Infliximab and methotrexate combo. Hope you get the surgery soon, bet you can't wait.

Ruth

S

Skinsfan1229

I'm glad to hear the good news.

How many surgeries have you had? and how serious of a case is it? if you dont mind me asking? It gives me MORE hope.

ive had crohns from the age of 9, im 25 now. since sept of 05 ive had 3 sugerys, 2 planned and 1 that wasnt planned!! 2 bags and now setting another date to remove for a 2nd time!

S

Skinsfan1229

wow so do you not have it serious? were you just porforating or were they jumping the gun on having surgery?

Every surgeon i've talked to wont reverse until I have no disease for atleast a few years.

V

Valentina

thats great Joshua, I hope you get the results you want, sounds like its your turn for some good news. let us know :)