• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gaining too much weight

I have Crohn's disease however at the moment I'm in remission. During a flare I lose weight rapidly however this is my first time in remission after being diagnosed 2 years ago. Currently I'm nearly 57kg- I'm only 16 and as I'm short I'm concerned. I really just want some advice on how to control my food intake... I haven't been able to eat properly for 3 years- now that I'm loads better I just want to eat eat and eat and this is damaging my health elsewhere. Any suggestions or advice?

Nope not on steroids, just azathioprine and inflixamab are regular medications... Could try joining a support group.

my little penguin

Staff member
Things I have learned with my kiddo
He was underweight for a long time
Once things improved gi wise he wanted to eat a lot and gained a lot in a short period of time
But within 6 months to a year of doing well Gi wise he grew like crazy.
Typically kids with crohns have catch up growth and grow well into their 20's unlike other kids going to tag
Clash
Mehita
Jmrogers
Tesscom
Crohnsinct
Maya142

Can you ask your pediatrician /Gi they might be able to tell you if your going to grow soon
Have you had a X-ray of your hand to determine bone age ?
This will tell you how much growing you can expect
Have you seen an endocrinologist ?