• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gall bladder surgery/liver biopsy

I had keyhole gall bladder removal and liver biopsy last Monday. At the same time the surgeon also removed a lymph node for testing.

Things had been progressing well (now 6 days post op) and I was largely off painkillers. But the past two days I've been having horrible abdominal pain kind of like a gall bladder attack but no specific location. I can't sleep more than a few hours at night and it definitely happens more lying down. Sometimes sitting up is enough to relieve it. It goes up to me chest and back and when it's bad, it's really bad.

I'm now in a situation where I'm back on tramadol because of this pain and I don't feel like it's going in the right direction. I have most mobility back and my incisions feel fine.

I'm not sure if it's worth going to hospital to get checked out. The pain is driving me mad. Anyone else had similar experience?