• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

GAPS diet

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone here has tried the GAPS diet. (I actually have proctitis but I couldn't find a forum for this so I signed up here since I have found that many sufferers of Crohn's have successfully healed themselves this way). I started this diet a few days ago with Stage 1 of the Introduction diet but started milk kefir about three weeks ago. Pretty much all my symptoms subsided a few days after the kefir but now I am getting a little bit of blood in my stool after starting the diet. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Thank you!

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone here has tried the GAPS diet. (I actually have proctitis but I couldn't find a forum for this so I signed up here since I have found that many sufferers of Crohn's have successfully healed themselves this way). I started this diet a few days ago with Stage 1 of the Introduction diet but started milk kefir about three weeks ago. Pretty much all my symptoms subsided a few days after the kefir but now I am getting a little bit of blood in my stool after starting the diet. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Thank you!
Is unusual, however kefir is healthy with belions of friendly bacteria with different strains..Are you experiencing stomach pains? was the blood looks more like a fresh blood or just dark in color..How much kefir do you consume in a day? I will suggest if you can go slow and see if it gonna subsides.. What kind of milk used to prepare the kefir.. Goat milk? or cow milk, organic or just regular.. Kefir is strong,in my opinion go slow like 3 spoons in the morning and 3 at night and work yourself up..