• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gas... But not from my stoma?!?

It's strange when the usual becomes unusual... Today I felt as though I wanted to pass wind and instead of coming out of my stoma it came out of my behind! This is the first time anything's happened there since surgery, has anyone experienced this? (I have a double barrelled ileostomy, intestine and traverse colon)
Thx

Happens to me as well. I have a loop ileostomy so sometimes there is a bit of transfer. So don't worry- not alone from my perspective.

Terriernut

You know, I sometimes have mucus pass of course. But I too have had gas pass through me bum...but it's not attached to anything????? WTH??

In a loop ileostomy some amount of transfer sounds quite possible, but when you're not attached at all it seems really odd. At least I'm not alone in this :)
Thx