• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gas / Vitamin D?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has noticed that oral vitamin D tablets cause gas for them? I have noticed a correlation recently and don't want to give up low levels of vit D supplements during the Canadian winter. If you have, have you found an alternative that doesn't cause as many issues?

Thanks

Sorry I can't help Shamrock but I would be interested in anyone else's reply to you.

I have been suffering from bad gas recently, have almost felt like my stomach could explode! I take vit D but until I read your post I hadn't thought there could be a correlation... Now I'm interested to see if anyone else has noticed a link.

Can you afford a couple days off the vit d Daisy just to check? If it makes no difference I would like to know what form of it you take.