• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gastritis after surgery

Hi all. Has anyone experienced gastritis after surgery? I had a laparoscopic illeocaecal resection just over two week ago and started with gastritis at two weeks post surgery. It’s extremely uncomfortable and was already on ppi’s. Gone to a bland diet and eating small and often. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I’m prone to this as I’ve suffered reflux in the past and gastric pain was my first symptom of Crohn's disease,
Tia
Lindsay

cmack

Staff member
Hi Lindsay,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about the answers to your questions. However there are many others who will know, and who should be along shortly. Welcome to the forum, I wish you the best. Be sure to let us know how you are.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris!
Thanks for spending the time to reply 😊. Yes I will let you know. Essentially doing really well to be honest, just wanting to know if the things I’m experiencing are normal but I can’t complain. Hope all is well with you?
Regards
Lindsay

Lynda Lynda

Hi all. Has anyone experienced gastritis after surgery? I had a laparoscopic illeocaecal resection just over two week ago and started with gastritis at two weeks post surgery. It’s extremely uncomfortable and was already on ppi’s. Gone to a bland diet and eating small and often. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I’m prone to this as I’ve suffered reflux in the past and gastric pain was my first symptom of Crohn's disease,
Tia
Lindsay
I recently had a colonoscopy / endoscopy and the doctor's report said gastritis ! I have been taking Pantoprazole for years, but now my heartburn and acid reflux is worse and I take Extra Strength Gaviscon ( otc ) everyday too. I agree it is very uncomfortable. I hope my doctor has some answers for me. My appointment is May 19. I have been on a liquid diet for 3 weeks and I still have this happen.

Hi! Have you had surgery or a worsening of symptoms not related to surgery? If not related to surgery have you had some periods of extreme stress as definitely makes it worse! Also spicy foods are a no no! Gaviscon extra strength before bed helps! I have lots! Ppi’s in the morning and gaviscon at night. Also live natural yoghurt after meals. Eat two-three hourly. Have you been advised to have a liquid diet? I would think that would mean more reflux?? Not solid so will reflux up oesophagus?