• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gastritis and Crohns

Is it possible to develop gastritis as a result of having Crohns? My GP is treating me for gastritis with possible ulcer. Don't see my GI for a month.

This is all wearing me out. Getting real old....:(

When my son was first dx'ed he had CD and gastritis. The GI felt the gastritis was due to the CD and at the next scope when the CD was better controlled the gastritis was no longer present.

I'm new to all this; I was informally diagnosed after a scope and I'm still waiting for labs to come back, so take this with a grain of salt. However, my GI thinks I have Crohn's and has also diagnosed me with gastritis, and put me on an antacid (Prilosec) for it. This could be because I've possibly had Crohn's and not done anything about it for an indefinite period of time. The only other digestive concern I have is Celiac Disease, which is under control, so if the gastritis is linked to anything in my case, it would have to be the Crohn's.
In short, I think it's possible.

It's possible, but in my case I have Crohn's of the Ileum and gastritis that did not show Crohn's via biopsy. So, possible, but not always!

After my gastroscopy they said "gastritis", but then later the GI told me "we say gastritis if we see inflammation" but the biopsy showed nothing.

I did have upper-GI symptoms all related to what was going on in my Ileum, so I guess the stomach inflammation was indirectly caused by Crohns.

After my gastroscopy they said "gastritis", but then later the GI told me "we say gastritis if we see inflammation" but the biopsy showed nothing.

I did have upper-GI symptoms all related to what was going on in my Ileum, so I guess the stomach inflammation was indirectly caused by Crohns.
How did they determine that if your biopsy was negative?