• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gastritis plus headaches?

My daughter has been diagnosed with Gastritis. She has all the classic symptoms of that. We were very worried that it was Crohn's activity. The Doctor has done all of the regular bloodwork.

The worst for her is a persistent headache. She's taking Tylenol, and has even doubled it, but it hasn't worked.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience? Is there any other pain medication that might work?

My daughter has been diagnosed with Gastritis. She has all the classic symptoms of that. We were very worried that it was Crohn's activity. The Doctor has done all of the regular bloodwork.

The worst for her is a persistent headache. She's taking Tylenol, and has even doubled it, but it hasn't worked.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience? Is there any other pain medication that might work?
It depends on where the headache is coming from, but it could be her sinuses. I remember getting really bad sinus headaches that wouldn't go away until I started antibiotics (Zithromax, aka "Z-Pack", always did the trick). I would call her GP and see if they can fit her in. You don't want to overdo it on Tylenol as it can affect the liver. Sending support.