• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gastroduodenal Crohn's

I am currently being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis/Crohn's. Had colonoscopy on Monday and consultant reckons it looks like ulcerative colitis. Have to wait for biopsy results. In the meantime I am getting constant pressure on my stomach pushing up to my chest and it is extremely uncomfortable. I am also having muscle spasms on oesphagus. Are these symptoms of gastroduodenal Crohn's? Consultant says that if I am inflamed my stomach could be constantly producing excess acid. Does anyone have any experience of gastroduodenal Crohn's?

Trysha

Staff member
If you are experiencing excess gastric acid production it could be that it has caused an inflamed esophagus due to reflux.
It would be advisable for you to talk to your doctor who may be able to prescribe a helpful medication.
Feel better soon
Trysha