• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gatorade alternative for colonoscopy prep?

I have a colonoscopy coming up on April 9th, and I'm wondering if there are any "healthier" alternatives to Gatorade. I don't want to make my own drink or anything like that, I just want to know if there are less crappy options.

When I had my colonoscopy a few months ago, I drank coconut water. I had a go ahead from my doctor and I really liked the taste. Just to be clear I am referring to the coconut water not the coconut milk. I had a tip which I would like to share, I did not use any toilet paper or wipes, since we do not have a bidet, I filled up water bottles with luke warm water and wash with dove and water instead of wiping then damp dry with a towel. It saved me a lot of irritation which is very important to me since I have 2 setons. I hope your colonoscopy goes well.

I forgot to mention, the coconut water I used is plain meaning no coconut meat or pulp. I find it taste better than the Gatorade. Costco carries organic ones, Coco Libre, Zico, and Koh coconut water. Good Luck on your prep.

Ehhh, I asked my doctor, and he's insistent on following the packet's directions. I suppose I will go with the Pedialyte. Thanks for all of the advice, everyone!