• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting Frustrated

So I went earlier this week to have some blood work done. I thought that I was starting to feel better after strating the Humira, but it seems that, according to my blood work, I still have another infection somewhere. So my doc is putting on more antibotics, this time it is cipro. I am already taking two antibotics (Flagl and Macrobid) and I really don't want to go on more becasue I hae feeling that it is going to mess up my body even more. I am going to call my doc on Monday to see if I can get an anppointment with him (he has been on vacation for a while and has been hard to get a hold of). I am just concerend that I don't really seem to be making a lot of progress.

Thanks for leeting me vent.. now I'm off to Walgreens... *sigh*

David

Co-Founder
How frustrating :(

What did your blood work show that suggested infection? Elevated white blood count or something else?

Do you have any symptoms that suggest infection?

I hope you feel better soon!

I'm sorry you didn't get any responses until now :(

I am not real sure. I got a call on Friday from my doc's nurse about the blood work then I tried to call this morning to get an appointment with him, but he is in such high demand that I can't get an appointment until mid October! I told the clinic that I could drive to Temple (which is about 30 minutes away) where his main office is if that could get me an appointment faster. Thankfully, I am only on the cipro for five days.

I don't really seem to have any new symptoms, but rather some of my "old" symptoms seem to be imporving. Such as the pressure on my bladder and the urgancy I was feeling.

I wonder if I just not given everything enough time.