• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting really frustrated

Things are pretty screwed up at this point. I don't know what to think anymore. IBS frankly doesn't fit better than anything else. None of the tests seem to come back like they're supposed to. I'm as white as it gets without being albino, I can sun bathe all day, take a multi-vitamin, drink 5 cups of milk a day, and yet I still have a vitamin D deficiency. It just shouldn't be there.

I don't take NSAIDs, I've only had 3 alcoholic drinks in my life, I don't get heartburn, I don't eat anything highly acidic or generally corosive, I don't have H. Pylori and so on, yet I have stomach and duodenal inflammation and erosions. Again, there's nothing there to cause it but it's there.

I'm not obese, I'm not diabetic, my cholesterol levels are extremely good, again I don't drink at all, I'm young and so on, almost all of my blood work as been completely normal, yet I have fatty liver. There's no reason for me to have anything wrong with my liver.

Strangely enough, both the upper GI and liver are visibly inflammed and yet I come back with a normal CRP and that inflammation visible via scope in my upper GI doesn't appear on the CT.

The only cause left that would explain what is being seen is autoimmune and yet when they look for autoimmune it isn't seen. It's frustrating beyond belief. It's all pretty obvious for my GI though. I'm sure he's concluded that I'm just a drug seeking alcoholic. Besides, that makes it all very easy and easy is the physician's mantra.

Meanwhile I get to sit here for the next two months and suffer waiting for my next appointment (not that it'll result in me getting any better).

Oh gosh that is so awful and frustrating for you! that is so strange that your bloods aren't indicating any inflammation and yet there is definately lots there. See human bodies they really are annoying sometimes, as are doctors!!

I really hope you get some answers eventually.

Cerys :)

I have an issue with my blood tests not showing inflammation as well. I have had a few elevated Rheumatoid Factors, but haven't for quite some time and I was just diagnosed in November of 08. I am always negative for the ANA tests that they do, even though I have 4 autoimmune diseases confirmed by other tests/signs/symptoms. I also don't "fever" much. I do have low-grade ones almost on a nightly basis, but when I had pnemonia several times one year, I never had a fever - not even once! Weird things, these bodies of ours..................