• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting the full workup

Hey guys,
some of you have seen me posting about not feeling good recently so I thought I would just update here, plus it gives me a chance to vent on all that is going on.

I'm struggling with terrible cramping pain, lack of appetite, uncontrollable D. I ended up in the ER last week because I couldn't get into my doctors office any time soon and I wanted to make sure I wasn't in any danger, and get some fluids. CT scan shows some colon inflammation not any evident small bowel which is normally where mine hides out.
The best IBD doctor in the area made room in her schedule to see me today, very knowledge totally agreed my old GI had no idea what he was doing.

My colonoscopies generally show nothing because my symptoms are worse than my inflammation, and I have some nerve damage from bad inflammation in the past. She is helping me with a modified prep cause it always makes me very ill, and is also doing an MRE, maybe pill cam. Tons of labs, bone density scan, all the good stuff. I'm super happy to be in good care taken but kind of nervous because I'm so sick right now and because of medication history I don't have many treatment options anymore.