• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

GI changed his mind!

Saw my GI today and he has decided to go with Humira (his first choice) he was considering Cimzia due to what he thought was my insurance coverage! I have had my chest x-ray and will have my TB test Friday.

I also met my first in person Crohn's patient today! :rosette1:

Terriernut

Carol, hope this is the drug that does the 'bizness' for you!!! You know, I dont think I've met many other crohnies either! Just a couple...and of course Misty Eyed (Michelle) who is gorgeous.

What was the other crohnie like???

i can't tell you how many times my rhematoglist changed her mind about humira for me. At the end of every appt. it would be next time we will try it and then she would change her mind over the course of the appt. I think it's a challenging thing for doctors to prescribe and be sure sometimes.

AB, I'm a little nervous because it is the "big guns", but so ready to be working toward remission. So tired of the pain!

Misty, she was awesome! She has had Crohn's since she was 15 and I would guess she is mid 20s now, she has had one resection of the terminal ileum/cecum. She said she ignored her symptoms for awhile when younger (which I think is what I would have done too at that age)! She also gave me some tips on what to eat on days that I have to work! It made my day!

Outlier, I hear you! I have had him change his mind several times in the past!