• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ginger Garlic Chicken Patties Recipe

This is a nice way to eat ground chicken and I love to eat it with a nice bowl of soup on those cold days!

This is crohns friendly for MY belly, and all of our diets are individual, try it out. If ginger or garlic upset you, you can remove it... you can also substitute it with chopped parsley or thinly minced onion? You do what is best for you and your stomach!

Makes about 10–12 chicken patties…

Ingredients

1.5 pounds of organic ground chicken

1 tablespoon grated ginger

3 pieces of garlic (crushed)

1 teaspoon salt

pepper to taste (some like pepper/others do not)

2 teaspoons coconut oil

Instructions:

Mix all the ingredients together except the coconut oil. Don’t over “work” the ground chicken so it does not get tough.

Make patties with your hand, pressing lightly to make them thin and place on side.

Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Cook on each side for 2–3 minutes.

Cook half the chicken patties before adding the rest of the coconut oil to the pan.

Enjoy with a nice bowl of soup, with some avocados or some grilled/baked veggies.

Again sorry, like my past posts, i suck at posting the images, so if you would like to see the images of each of the steps, you can go here:
http://thecrohnsjourneyfoundation.org/ginger-garlic-chicken-patties-recipe/