• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Girlfriend with Crohn's

Hi !
I need help.
My girlfriend has Crohn's . When she first discovered she had it she was on medication but she hated the way they made her feel and they weren't helping at all. She maintains a healthy diet and she smokes medical marijuana and it's worked so far. She's had a flare up it started 4 days ago. If she's not throwing up she's sleeping. She hasn't ate anything at all and whatever liquid she drinks she throws up not to long after. She tells me she's used to this but I'm getting worried. I don't want to force her into going to the E.R cause I know all they'll do is give her fluids. Help !

Has she tried any nutritional shakes? She needs something. Maybe the doctor needs to put her on different medication. Let us know how she is doing.

Has she tried any nutritional shakes? She needs something. Maybe the doctor needs to put her on different medication. Let us know how she is doing.
She hasn't been able to keep Anything down not even water.
She's just been laying in bed for the past 4 days not eating and throwing up any liquid she drinks.

my little penguin

Staff member
But can you call them or 9-1-1?
Not being able to tolerate liquids and doing nothing but vomiting means ER at a minimum for iv fluids
Dehydration is serious

Lucky her having such a kind and caring boyfriend. Take her to the E.R, she will thank you for it in the long run. It's so hard watching a partner suffer, something harder I think than suffering the physical pain itself.
This won't get better by itself over night, 9/10 people needs some form of medical intervention to improve. Please take her to E.R, or a doctor of some from? I'm not sure is you can get a GP visit your home?