• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Glutathione

Definitely worth looking into if you take a lot of tylenol, as tylenol depletes your bodies glutathione stores.

I've been medication-free since early 2009 taking a more holistic approach to health, but it wasn't until I started increasing glutathione levels that my health improved dramatically and continues to make a little progress everyday.

If you want cheaper glutathione take n-acetyl cysteine which is what a hospital actually gives to patients with a tylenol overdose. It also has a lot of documented benefits for people with breathing problems and is a generally good detox supplement. Also, as long as you don't take more than 3-4g of tylenol a day, your body can keep up with glutathione production to remove the toxic metabolite of tylenol and isn't typically something that you suddenly run out of since it is an important detox compound for the liver.

Raw eggs, the egg whites in particular are one of few foods with the precursers needed to make glutathione- http://www.amazing-glutathione.com/raw-eggs.html.

Heck, this 115 year old lady has been doing three eggs a day raw since she was a teenager- http://www.people.com/article/oldest-italian-woman-europe-raw-eggs-single

Lately I've been getting more courage to very lightly poach my eggs, taking out the majority of the eggs when some of the egg white has been cooked (leaving more raw)

P.S. I took a read through of the article OP posted and not once does he bring up raw eggs, sheesh...

nogutsnoglory

Do you feel it helps instantcoffee and in what way? I have NAC handy took it twice but I didn't commit since I take so much.

Do you feel it helps instantcoffee and in what way? I have NAC handy took it twice but I didn't commit since I take so much.
I take it as part of a total amino acid therapy, which combined with tyrosnie and 5-htp has done wonder for my metal state. I haven't taken it alone to say how effective it is.

It's used in the therapy to replaced the thiols that get depleted.

Theanine didn't do anything for me.

Amino acid therapy on correct dosing helped my depression, brain fog, low energy / sleepiness and anxiety on a profound level.

On bad doses however both got a lot worse. That was mostly from too high a dose. The doctors that pioneered it recommend not exceeding 1500mg tyrosine twice a day, I went up to 4500 as per one of their therapeutic doses.

It's basically daily:
1500mg tyrosine
150mg 5-htp (always a 10-1 balance)
(once morning and once night)

2500 mg L-cysteine up to 4500 daily.

then you need to take vitamin b6, folate, calcium and selenium as cofactors, I just take a multi with enough to equal out.

If you want to know exact dosing you can look up "cysreplete" and "neuroreplete" pills and see the contents. Dosing is equal to 2 neuroreplete and 3 cystreplete daily.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7710773

There is also this old publication about Glutathione levels and another one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2710726/

about NAC.

Theanine didn't do anything for me.

Amino acid therapy on correct dosing helped my depression, brain fog, low energy / sleepiness and anxiety on a profound level.

On bad doses however both got a lot worse. That was mostly from too high a dose. The doctors that pioneered it recommend not exceeding 1500mg tyrosine twice a day, I went up to 4500 as per one of their therapeutic doses.

It's basically daily:
1500mg tyrosine
150mg 5-htp (always a 10-1 balance)
(once morning and once night)

2500 mg L-cysteine up to 4500 daily.

then you need to take vitamin b6, folate, calcium and selenium as cofactors, I just take a multi with enough to equal out.

If you want to know exact dosing you can look up "cysreplete" and "neuroreplete" pills and see the contents. Dosing is equal to 2 neuroreplete and 3 cystreplete daily.

I'm also jumping on that train, I found the Amino Acid Therapy months ago online but wanted to try treatments that I don't need to fund by myself, but health should be worth it.