• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Go Braveheart !

braveheart

Passionate Dreamer
I just want to give you an update that may give you some optimism.

I’ve been on remission for a couple of years and I gained a lot of weight, which is something good, but I do not have to exaggerate, hahaha.

Last weekend I ran a 6.5 miles quarter-marathon for the very first time and I performed very well. I took me slightly less than average time (compared with other 450 healthy people of the same gender and age).

I am runner #1844 in the picture (the second one), I look pretty exhausted near the finish line :)

Best wishes to all, merry Christmas!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Brilliant! Well done braveheart and so fab to hear you are doing great! May it last a lifetime. :dusty:

Have a very Merry Christmas and an even better year ahead. Good Luck!

Dusty. xxx

dave13

Forum Monitor
Excellent! Five K 's are popular around here. I've always wanted to do one and stories like yours encourage me. Thanks for sharing!