• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Going back to Humira

I was on Entyvio for about 7 years then it quit working. Tried to go on to Stelara. Took about 4 months to find out that to get it for free since I am on medicare I have to meet a requirement of having paid 4% for the last year in out of pocket expenses which I didn't. I saw nothing that told me of that requirement in the papers that I signed. If there had been I would have known at the beginning to look for another medicine. I asked my doctor about going back onto Humira. After blood tests I was giving the go ahead to use Humira. I start it on February 18th and at no cost. I hope it will work again for me. Back when I was taking it I remember how painful it was to give myself a shot. I have heard that they have changed it and not quite as painful. Can anyone that has gone thru the way it was to the current shot now if there has been a change?

my little penguin

Staff member
The citric acid was removed so the ph is different
The citric acid /ph caused the “burning “
My kiddo stopped humira for over 3 months but it didn’t work when we re started it
Given you haven’t had it for 7 years
You probably have a good shot of it working
Good luck

The citric acid was removed so the ph is different
The citric acid /ph caused the “burning “
My kiddo stopped humira for over 3 months but it didn’t work when we re started it
Given you haven’t had it for 7 years
You probably have a good shot of it working
Good luck
Thank you! I hope it works also.