• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Going on Strike! Who's with us?

K

Kossy

Kate and I had a discussing out going on strike against Crohn's. We're going to make sign for the picket line. We also have come up with a few chants for when we walk the line. This is what we've come up with so far....

Down with crohns it fucks with our bones!
hey hey ho ho, all this crohn's craps gotta go!
down with loos and bring on booze!
Screw this cramping, we're going camping!

This is going to be a long dragged out battle.. maybe even years before we get our ways. Does anyone else have any suggestings for chants or other ideas for our strike?

K

Kate

The Crohns song written by yours truley!!!

Now we've got crohns but dont you fear
hopefully we wont crap every where
You think your safe but you are wrong
So come on guys lets sing this song

We dont like the loo anymore then you
we r stoked if we have a solid poo
Yes we hate crohns thats all we can say
atleast with our gass we can keep you at bay

So heres our song
y dont ya come along
It could be a hike
But we r haveing a crohns strike

DOWN with crohns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

Kate

so kossy whens this money going to start rolling in then???? maybe we have to up the anti so that it will start

K

Kossy

I don't what else we have to do... I mean, it should work. But if we most go that extra step then we must do it!

K

Kate

i spose we could give it one more day to see if the money starts then we shouldup the anti

Kate said:
The Crohns song written by yours truley!!!

Now we've got crohns but dont you fear
hopefully we wont crap every where
You think your safe but you are wrong
So come on guys lets sing this song

We dont like the loo anymore then you
we r stoked if we have a solid poo
Yes we hate crohns thats all we can say
atleast with our gass we can keep you at bay

So heres our song
y dont ya come along
It could be a hike
But we r haveing a crohns strike

DOWN with crohns!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brilliant :) Thanks for the laugh hehehe

D

Donna

Not exactly a song, but it is something my mom wrote to me once...I thought maybe we could use it somehow.....

ODE TO CROHNS

Here I am all alone
going potty on the throne;
so upset i could spit
wondering why I can't shit.

And then when I finally do
I find that I can't stop the poo.
Runs like water out my ass.
Can't stand the pain of all the gas.

So I sit a while more
When my hubby pokes in the door.
Asking me if I'm okay
I say it's just like any other day.

Once I think I'm finally done
I find that I must run
Quickly again to bathroom door.
Oops too late. It's on the floor!

And love the song Kate! You write some really good shitty lyrics!! lol

I donate a penny to get things started!

Donna that was a nice, and honest bit :)
Too bad posting that anywhere but here would get some really weird responses :p

D

Donna

Well, one thing with this disease is that I have gotten really open about what I say...and yeah, there aren't too many places I can post that without someone either saying, "yeah, right" or "ewwwwwe".

I can get some sticks to put the signs on...........................

S

suzen

I have often wondered if having this crappy disease made me crazy.... You all are living proof it does. Thanks for the laughs.

I didn't know that others looked at it with humor, I seem to be surrounded by whiny people that don't get that it ain't leaving so laughing eases that sense of "woe is me"... Funny thing, when I was diagnosed there were less that 20,000 others in the US. I didn't think to find a community online until this evening, wow! I am sorry that there are so many of us now. But you know, misery does love company....

K

Kate

omg donna that was brillant we should get together to write some more lyrics.....

oh and suzan yeah i cant decide if you have to be crazy to get crohns or that you become crazy because of it lmao

D

Donna

suzen said:
I have often wondered if having this crappy disease made me crazy.... You all are living proof it does. Thanks for the laughs.

I didn't know that others looked at it with humor, I seem to be surrounded by whiny people that don't get that it ain't leaving so laughing eases that sense of "woe is me"... Funny thing, when I was diagnosed there were less that 20,000 others in the US. I didn't think to find a community online until this evening, wow! I am sorry that there are so many of us now. But you know, misery does love company....
We are all crazy. You have to be with this disease. I don't know bout you guys, but it drives me crazy to have poop 20+ times a day, get pain anytime I think of food, take wonderful medications that make you a fat raving lunatic, or the ever wonderful, make you crap your pants in Walmart! Without humor my dear, how could one survive this disease? Thankfully it is a disease one can be humorous about...everyone laughs at fart stories!

I use humor to help my kids thru it. My 8 y/o is sooo good about it, and I don't think she would be without my humor about it. My 2y/o is too young, but he is a trooper too, and is starting to understand that mommy is sick.

The other day, my 8 y/o had an intestinal problem. It was just something she ate, but she accidentally messed her pants. When I came into the bathroom to help her out, she was afraid I was going to yell at her. How could I look into her big brown eyes and yell at her, after all, I crap my pants alot!? When she and I started cleaning up the mess, she said, "mom, I am glad you are so good about poop. Not too many mom's would clean this up laughing about it and cracking jokes. I am glad you're my mom!". How can I possibly not make the situation funny?

Besides, don't they say farting is the best medicine? Or no wait...laughing is the best medicine!!!....farting is the best medicine after you eat baked beans!

Keep Smiling!!!!

K

Kate

i also think that you have to be crazy to be able to cope with the lack of dignity of the disease especialy at the young age that most of us are diagnosed