• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Going to GI tomorrow.

L

leah131

Hey all!
I see my GI tomorrow. Hopefully he will be able to help me. Hope everyone here is doing well. Take Care
Leah

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
Leah ... Keep your chin up & I am sure that they will be able to help you and so I will keep you in prayer so take care and member to relax and member too that THE LORD will be your strength through this time !!

L

leah131

I also just took my temp. I got a fever of 99.1 I will be bring this up to my GI tomorrow. Thanks for the wishes. I will keep you all up to date.
Leah

J

Jonny

Good luck i guess its today now Leah?Im off to see my consultant soon about new meds and my alternatives to try etc and whats worked for me and what hasnt.
Best of Luck too you!!!

L

leah131

Hey all!
Thank you for the wishes. I didn't go to the doctors yet but am going very soon though. I will keep you all up to date on what happens.
Take Care
Leah

V

Valentina

hope it went well Leah, and your DR was able to answer all your Qs, and put it all into perspective for you. (and I had that exact same temperature since last night! strange lol)

L

leah131

Hello all:
I saw this GI today. He works with my GI. He put me on previcad for the acid relfex and upper the predisone to 10mg. He is also checking to see if I am allergic to dairy products. If my two tests comes out normal then I have to have a tube down my thorat to look at the small intestines.
Leah

L

leah131

My GI thinks I am lactose intolerant. Does anyone else have that here?
Leah

V

Valentina

I do Leah, no big deal really, once you get used to avoiding most dairy. certain things arent as hard to digest, like yogurt and certain hard older cheeses dont seem to bother me all the time, but drinking a glass of milk, ice cream, or melted cheese on pizza and Im in agony. they have tablets you can take before you eat (look up "lactase") and they also make milk thats not so bad. they also have loads of soy or rice milk products that are pretty good. I find its best to just try a few things, and figure out which ones still hurt your stomach, and which ones dont taste too bad. good luck!