• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Going to see an LDN doctor Tuesday.

Hey guys, I'm pretty excited. I found a doctor who prescribes LDN in NYC. He doesn't work with insurance, so it's going to be a little pricey. However, if I can try LDN, then I'm willing to pay the money. I have a bunch of questions for the doctor. Whether or not I should build up the dosage, or perhaps use a cream. I'll keep everyone updated!

Yay!!! LDN has ups and downs in the beginning. I have been taking it for 6 months. I now have more energy than I had in my 20s.

Wendy

Yes it is working. The only time I have Crohn's symptoms is if I eat something I shouldn't- namely fast food. I will have the big d a couple of times and then back to normal. I still have some fatigue if I eat junk. It does not last more than 2 days and it is just a "gees I want to take a nap" feeling. The really wonderful thing is that I enjoy life again and I am able to pamper myself. Now, prepare yourself, this is not a quick fix and it is not always smooth sailing. I went from d to formed and back again for weeks. I went from energy to exhausted for weeks. I had a set back at 3 months. The setback lasted 2 days. I am experiencing some immune system adjustments now that are non Crohn's related. I really hope you do as well on LDN as I have. To have my life back is an amazing gift. I do take other supplements and try to eat right. I think probiotics are very important in the healing process.

Wendy

Thank you so much for the feedback : ) I'm not going to give up in this drug. I'm going to give it half a year and see where I'm at!

There is also a doc that does phone consults, this happens to be my family doc as I'm fortunate enough to be local to him in PA. I think his info is on the site at www.lowdosenaltrexone.org
I've been on LDN for two and a half years and symptom free for over two years now.

Good luck!

Miss

Hi Miss, I also am very much interested in LDN, but couldn't find a doctor that is willing to prescribe. Do you have the name and the phone # of the doctor that does phone consults? I couldn't find it on the website.

Thanks so much!!

There is also a doc that does phone consults, this happens to be my family doc as I'm fortunate enough to be local to him in PA. I think his info is on the site at www.lowdosenaltrexone.org
I've been on LDN for two and a half years and symptom free for over two years now.

Good luck!

Miss

I'm not sure if I can post something like that here but I know you can get the information on the site for a compounding pharmacy and call them and they will probably give you the nuimber for the doctor in PA that does the phone consults. Call Skips Pharmacy first. The doctor will want you to fax or email any records to support your diagnosis along with whatever current meds you are taking, etc.....

Good luck,

Miss