• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Good feedback on Infliximab?!

Hi guys! New to the forum etc and Crohn's it's self! Was diagnosed 16 and had surgery straight away and have been in remission since 2006, now 23 and it's been pretty bad the last few months. Went into hospital for a week on hydro-cortisone and had my 1st infliximab infusion a few days ago. But just wanted some feedback on anyone whose currently using infliximab and if it's working/how long it took etc!? All I see is how people create anti-body's and after a few infusions its no good :(... so is there any good news about it! :)

David

Co-Founder
Hi Shadowmoses and welcome to the community :) I'm sorry to hear the last few months have been rough :(

Infliximab (Remicade) can be an outstanding medication for many. Be sure to head over to our infliximab forum as there are many anecdotes there as well.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hi shadowmoses,

My daughter, age 14 is on Remicade. She has been symptom free since her 8th dose. We doubled the dose at the 7th treatment. she also takes her Asacol which is suppose to work well with the Remicade. She takes a multivitamin and Acidophillus. I believe all of it together has helped along with a lot of prayer. :)

I hope this is the treatment that works for you.

I started on Remicade back in '05. It took about 8 months to get things under control but once it did it was a wonderful drug for me. I was on a low dose too. (365mg). just this last dec. i noticed that i had many symptoms return and the dose was increased to 420mg. unfortunately, it only lasted a few weeks and not 8. then i had a severe flare up with high fever and all. they thought i had a bacterial infection, but after a CAT scan said it was just the Crohn's. another increase to 800mg and it only lasted 2 weeks before symptoms returned. it was a long 6 weeks and in that time had a colonscopy which i believe aggravated Fred(my fistula... i named it in the beginning in '01). it has been pretty painful, abscessed and all that not so fun stuff. tues i had remicade, and the next day the fistula was nearly gone and this morning my stomach is feeling pretty good too. we are hoping that the entocort helps me get through, at least my wedding on june 9th and after i'll prob have to switch over to Humira. but now i'm debating... if the remicade keeps the fistula away, i can totally deal with everything else. that has by far been the worst part for me. hope this gives you some hope. cause the remicade gave me nearly 8 amazing yrs.