• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Good food

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
Why does food that's so bad for you taste so wonderful... I just had the best pancakes ever and turns out, they aren't so good for me. They sure did taste good.

C

crazycanuck

seems I think the same way. All the damned good stuff. I have always been know as the Desert King of my family and although I havent gained a pount since I was 12 have been able to eat desert until it was all gone. I love ice cream, chocolate, pop, and oh god those stuffed french toasts from IHOP if anybody has had one, they are to die for but unfortunately not allowed that. I can however have pancakes with jam on them. It could be the syrup mike and jam I have found is actually quite good on pancakes. But yes i agree many of the best tasting things out there are now all but gone from my diet :(

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
The sugar in things sometimes is the culprit...Even Splenda messes with my guts. I never have noticed a problem with pancakes or waffles. I'm not a heavy syrup user either?

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
It was sugar free syrup though. I used that for as long as I have had diabetes. Do you think it may have been because I haven't had it in a while?? What about honey? Do you think would have the same effect as syrup?

hi Mike - there's some info on Agave Nectar here... seems it might be good for guts, especially regarding bacteria... http://www.allaboutagave.com/health-benefits-of-agave-nectar.php

it might also be worth considering Manuka honey... well known for centuries for it's anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties... Manuka comes in various strengths - the medium strength isn't too expensive but the highest quality & strength one is. http://ezinearticles.com/?Manuka-Honey-Benefits&id=2742036

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
mort20 said:
I don't know why you think that pancake is not that good. Is it the shape? Luckily I'm aware on what's the food that I want to eat just by looking at it because I hate people that force you to eat that food but you know that it's not good.
No it wasn't that they were pancakes. I love them and they were so good but made me sick to my stomach and then later also. I just tried sushi. I love it and it was very good. I hope it also is good afterward also. We'll see. So far, so good.