• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Good message for us all...

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I totally understand Womble! I think this might be a good one to share with a friend or two at work. I've fought hard to get where I am there and never call in sick. However, when I was in a two year long flare I probably should have. And was sent home once because of being in so much pain.

I recently decided to move on and start a new relationship with someone whom I cared for for ages, and they are very surprised for the amount of love I display, saying that I'm "special".

This article made me cry -as it made most of us who read it, but to me this was the explanation of "special" I was labeled with. I was touched. Thank you so much for sharing this with us here.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I shared this with 4 people at work one of them being my store director who's actually more like my brother. He's off today and tomorrow, but we're together at work on Tuesday. So, we'll see what happens then. Kind of a big deal for me sharing it with a guy that's not my husband. That alone is a big step for me.