• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Got my seton today

Day 1: Slight discomfort, not a lot of pain. The most painful parts of my day were the fleet enemas I had to do at home beforehand and removing the tape from my butt cheeks after surgery. Have not gone poo yet, so we'll see how that goes. I am kind of nervous about that.

Follow up with Dr. in 2 weeks, really hoping for the best here. I'm still not quite sure how a seton will help me at all because my fistula has never tried to close on me. The Dr. told me that I should see a dramatic reduction in the amount of drainage, but I suppose time will tell.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just be taking it easy for a few days and getting a lot of bath time in with Epsom salt.

Day 2: Woke up in a little more pain than I went to bed in but nothing unbearable. Took my first poo since the surgery - really wasn't too bad. Obviously didn't feel great, but I was expecting much worse.

Hey bud, how's everything going with your setons? I have a total of 3 in with my 1st being in since February. Hoping you are doing well