• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Grapefruit juice and Crohns medicine?

I've read that grapefruit juice can give you more and better cervix fluid if you take it before ovulation, so I really want to try this to get better chances of conceiving.

But can you drink grapefruit juice when you are on Entocort and Imurel (same as Imuran)?

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Grapefruit is supposed to be avoided with most drugs, I would check it out with your doctor first as a precaution. Good luck on trying.

Yeah, thats what I read. Do you know what effects it can have on my meds? I tried getting in contact with my doctor, but appearently he's on a holiday for another week.

Definitely not when you are on Entocort. I was warned about that by my doctor and my pharmacist.
Ok.. Thats a finite answer. :) I will be on Entocort for quite som time, so I won't try any grapefruit juice. Is it just the juice, or is it the fruit as well?

it is because grapefruit juice increases the effect of most medications.... drug addicts like to drink grapefruit juice when they get high - really bad for blood pressure medication as well.

:) I was warned about orange juice and grapefruit before surgery... not sure why the orange juice though.. hmmm..

Green tea works well for cervical fluid and it doesnt interact with medication. Aim to drink 1 cup a day.