• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Great News for today !

Crohn's Mom

Hi there....I just joined this forum, but I wanted to share some exciting news with all of you that my daughter shared with me today. She has been offered a full ride scholarship to the University she was accepted into !! This is such exciting news for us ! She is one amazing young lady that has spent nearly her entire Junior and now Senior years of high school at home in bed, or in the hospital. However, every spare moment of "health" she has had, has been dedicated to keeping up with her rigorous honors and AP courses.
IT IS PAYING OFF !
NOW TAKE THAT YOU NASTY CROHN'S DISEASE AND GO AWAY ... YOU'RE NOT WINNING IN THIS HOUSE !! :lol2:

Just wanted to share a bit of hope that this disease doesn't have to control your life...you can still live your dreams !

DustyKat

Super Moderator
:mbh::mbh:

Woohoo, what fabulous news! Good for her! and good on her for rising above all the adversity and achieving her dreams.

I am so happy for you all..................

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:medal1::medal1::medal1:

Dusty. :rosette2:

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Congratulations to both of you!!! I'm so excited for her! I enjoyed my college years. I'm glad she is not letting the Crohn's rain on her parade.

Tracey,
Thank you so much for sharing this. My daughter is going through a rough patch (no Crohn's, that's me) and was bad mouthing the world in general. When it all finally calmed down, I showed her your post regarding Gab's hard work through adversity. I cannot express what the story has meant to my daughter. For the entire day yesterday, her tag line has been, "if Gab can do it while being sick as two dogs, I can bloody well suck it up & get what needs done, done & finished".
So, I thank you Gab for all your hard work.
Michele

AZMOM

Oh my goodness!!!! That is terrific!!!!!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You brought a big smile to my face. Hug her for all of us!

Hugs,