• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

GREAT news!!

Well, I finally received my CT scan results today from my GI nurse. She said I only had MILD inflammation with no sign of any fistulas or abscesses!

Woohoo!

Not exactly the remission I was hoping for, but I will definitely take a mild case of Crohn's over moderate-severe. I forgot to ask about the narrowing that was there when I had the fistulas, but I'm sure mild inflammation means ther's still some narrowing, but it must be better than pea-sized.

So, yay! The next time I see my GI is in April. He didn't say anything about going back to every other week shots. But, i asked my GI nurse to double check. He may want me to stay on the weekly shots or something for a little longer since I still have mild inflammation, but we'll see.

I'm pretty happy though. Just had to share with everyone the GREAT news!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh Marisa I'm so happy for you! Thanks for letting us know 'cause it's always great to get good news! YAY!

Take care hun, :hug:
Dusty

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Congrats, Marisa! No fistulas and mild inflammation is very good news. :) Hopefully full remission will come soon too (wasn't the "R" word mentioned when you had a scope recently?). I'm hoping for remission myself so here's hoping we both get to the "R" word! :D I'm so glad, I was hoping 2011 was going to be a better year for most of us, and so far it seems to be!

Cat - No, my doc never mentioned the R word. That was just me hoping. The results were so good from the scope that he said I didn't need one for 8 years. So, I was wondering myself how close that actually was to being in remission. But he has never mentioned it. I see him in April, so I'll have to ask then. :)

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Astra

Well done Marisa, you've come such a long way!
My appt is on Monday with gastro, hope I hear the R word too
xxx

Mark - the worst of the snow is gone now. Only one time digging out of it was necessary. It's warming up to a balmy 34 today and then into the 40s this coming week. So, hopefully a lot of snow will melt. ;)

But I should be in better shape than I am. Hopefully now I can work on that, haha.