• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Green tea is magic for me

Hi guys,
I had a very bad flare last month from taking an antibiotic (even though I took a probiotic). During the flare, once I finished my last BM (I'd do approx. 4 in 2 hours) I would have severe pain in my gut for 4 hours. The pain felt like inflammation - just a general pain that was exasperated by tight pants.

During this flare I could not drink coffee so I switched to 2 cups of green tea per day.

The flare calmed down after stopping the antibiotics. I continued the Green tea, mostly because I was so scared to go the bathroom.

Well I began to notice that i do not get pain and urgency after every BM now!!! The only change I've done is the green tea (and sporadic Turmeric supplements).

I'm convinced its the green tea. Obviously this wont help everyone but I wanted to pass it on.

I too drink green tea, I know it helps a little. There are so many of them out there - one of my favorites is Macha Green Tea a little more expensive but I love having the treat!

nogutsnoglory

I find green tea helps me fight colds very well but it's never had an impact on my ibd. Maybe high doses of the antioxidant would prove helpful but I'm afraid to boost my immunity too much.

@mish2575 I'm finding the green tea very soothing on my digestive system. I switched from coffee to green tea in January of this year. : )

I had 2 cups of coffee instead of green tea yesterday and was woken last night with a cramping BM.

I wonder if that will hold true for me. I've been nervous because I've recently come off 15+years of being on a biologic which helped me not to have the cold symptoms. I'd like to see if green tea will help now.

Last edited:
could have become better anyways. but i use green tea and it just make me feels better, however turmeric can be powerful i have supressed symptoms with it before, but has wired side effects for me so i use a different herb called japanese knotweed(high in resveratrol) which is much more powerful then turmeric. resveratrol has potently inhibited gi tumors in mice and has many other beneficial properties.