• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings and salutations!

Hi all,
I'm a male in my mid 30's. Been battling away with Crohns (of the colon) for some time now. Officially diagnosed in 2003 after a long history of gastrointestinal issues. Have since diagnosis worked my way through pretty much all treatments the medicos have to offer. Currently on Infliximab 8 weekly infusions & 4 tabs of Mesavant daily. As of 2 Saturdays ago, decided to give MM a go. So far, really positive immediate results & enough to keep me trialling. I'm keen to get in and see what others are saying is working/ not working for them MM wise. Ok, that's a quick intro. Happy healing to you all ;-)

Thanks for the welcome guys! Infliximab for approx 12 months. Haven't really found prolonged sustained relief from it. Seems to last 5 weeks then I'm hanging out for the next 3 weeks before the next infusion.

David

Co-Founder
Have you talked to your GI about reducing the duration between infusions? You can definitely have infusions less often than every 8 weeks.