• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings!

Hi!

My name is Heather, and I have been diagnosed with crohn's colitis, psoratic arthritis, plaque psoriasis, sero-negative arthritis and at one point, nodular episcleritis. I am almost 40, and was misdiagnosed through my late teens and 20's, finally properly diagnosed with crohn's at 32, when I had surgery to remove an abscess and a fistula. I have been on many medications, most recently I have started on Humira, which made my psoriasis and my fatigue kick into high gear. The gut is doing a heck of a lot better, but everything else is a mess. I came to learn more about what others are doing to help them handle fatigue, if there are any diets that can help keep one from doubling over, green and ill, having to run to the bathroom. The only thing I've found that helps is not eating, or eating in birdlike quantities. This is a major drag, because I love food. I LOVE food.

Anyway. Glad I could stop in, introduce myself and take a look around. Hope I can glean a bit of knowledge and share some of the stories and experiences I have had.

:) Heather

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum:)

I'm sorry to hear of your health challenges. But, can admit that you've come to a great place for support and info! As far as diets and such we do have a thread that has all kinds of stuff on supplements, diets and fitness. You're welcome to check that out and hopefully it'll start giving you some ideas:)

Looking forward to seeing you around here. Take care. Lisa :hug:

Angrybird

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Just to confirm have the docs done any checks on your vitamin levels at all? Also if you eat 'normal' quantities of food do you still get problems with the tum even whilst on the Humira? Is this the only med you are on currently? As mentioned above we do have a diet and sups forum that is worth having a look at which also now has a new juicing sub forum that you may find helpful: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17.

AB
xx