• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Guess who's back, back again. Brooklyn's back. Tell a friend...

So, I'm back on this forum.
I actually didn't even realize I'd been here before until I found out my email was already in use so, it's been 3 years. (Brooklyn23 is now Brooklyn26 lol)

Anyways, I sorta jumped well off taking care of Crohn's because I was seeking an alternate diagnosis -- endometriosis. The worst of my crohn's pain always coincided with ovulation, like... flat on my back for three-four days and I can't sleep or breathe pain. So, it was suggested to me that maybe I should look for gynecological causes.

I stopped taking all of my Crohn's medication and went on the pill. The pill did stop the pain because I was not ovulating. But I hated taking it, it always made me anxious and I gained a lot of weight, and I was considering just having the offending ovary removed.

I had exploratory surgery in August. Nope. No endo to be seen. I went for 6 months with no pain whatsoever. But I had another 3-day attack on January 5th so it's back to square one. I just had my colonoscopy a week ago (and have been constipated ever since), and am waiting on my insurance to authorize the capsule endoscopy.

Looking back on my old threads, I forgot how sick I had been, that my symptoms were more than just the severe mittleschmerz. But I'd been younger, stupider... Anyways... here I am. Again. A little wiser.

Thanks. I'm waiting on results from the capsule endoscopy, and I just can't tell if my stomach is in knots because there's inflammation or because I'm anxious.

I did. They were weird. No ulceration, at least not how it looked before. But there were a couple of small red lesions. So my doctor kinda shrugged. It didn't look typical but since I've been in pain, he's putting me back on Pentasa.

Also, the capsule moved through my small intestine really rapidly (under 2 hours) which he said could be causing irritation.