• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Guts and Glory Walk for Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America

• Thread starter GutsandGloryAtlanta
  • Start date
G

GutsandGloryAtlanta

Dear Forum Members:

I am writing to tell you about an important event called the Guts and Glory™ Walk for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. I am trying to help gain support and awareness for the walk to raise money for the fight against Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.

An estimated 1.4 million Americans are affected by these terrible digestive diseases. These life changing, and at times, life threatening diseases attack the digestive tract, causing intense abdominal pain, frequent trips to the bathroom, fatigue, weight loss, and fever. These diseases can lead to serious complications. Often, surgery is required to remove damaged intestine.

The walk will take place on Sunday, September 17th in Atlanta, GA. So, please join us in sponsoring Badre Taghavi, an 85 year old young lady with a great big heart. She was very excited to hear about the Guts and Glory™ walk and even more eager to participate. She wants to help contribute to a worthy cause and make a difference in the lives of those who suffer from these devastating diseases.

Since 1967, the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America has provided more than $106 million for researchers seeking the cause of, and cure for, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. CCFA is equally committed to improving the quality of life for those affected through educational programs, summer camps for kids, free informational materials and support groups. More than 82 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to research and patient support programs.

The goal is to raise $5000 for the CCFA, and I hope that you will join me in the fight for a cure by sponsoring this wonderful lady, Badre Taghavi, in the Guts and Glory™.

To make a donation, please go to the following web address:

http://ccfa.kintera.org/georgia/2006walk/aganfcmg

Your donation to the CCFA is tax-deductible, so, be sure to keep your confirmation. When the webpage opens, click on Team Member AGA and NF Cumming to proceed with your donation. After entering the donation amount, click on continue. You will then be asked to fill out the appropriate forms and enter your credit card information. Also, you will be provided the option to add your name and support message to the scrolling menu in the donation process.

Any support you could offer is greatly appreciated and will help ensure the health of future generations.

Thank you!

G

GutsandGloryAtlanta

Walk is fast approaching...

My team has raised $730.00 so far, but we have a ways to go.

Please help support the CCFA. Even a $1.00 will be appreciative. All donations go directly through CCFA, and they are tax deductible.

Thanks!