• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gutted due for bloods and in lots of pain

K

Kate

well my speicalist told me 3 months ago that if the next 3 months (the 3 just gone) went well and uneventfull then if the bloods were good i could reduce my pentasa dosage.

and well the 3 months are up and im due for my tests and over the last 2 weeks i have eaten 2 bad things 1 being popcorn wich took a week to settle and then on sat i ate a heavily seeded bread and still tring to pass it in pain.

So needless to say im not keen to go for bloods. for 2 reasons 1 i could be in a flare and 2 if im not in a flare then i would have signs of inflamation cause of the irritation :( any ideas on how to get it to settle and pass really fast if its not a flare and just stuck?

D

DannyB

Why don't you just put off the blood tests for a week or so and then hopefully it will all be well again?

J

Jonny

Hmm face the music and just see how it goes.Best to be honest with your doctor all the time regards this disease.Wishing you all the best with the results Kate

D

DannyB

Soooooooooooooo Kate, what did you do, what did you do?
Did you:
A. Air on the side of caution and reveal on to the quack.
or
B. Cancel the appointment and recover.

??

K

Kate

hehe i still havent had them done i havent had the time but i will monday hopefuly........ im just to popular everyone weants me to do stuff with them so the bloods can wait lol