• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had a good run

So I have been on Remicade for about 10 months now doing great and it finally happened. Flare!!! It's not terrible right now but if it follows suite with other flares it will get worse. It's a bummer when your doing so well and all of a sudden bam. Your out. So does anyone have experience with having a flare on Remicade.? Does it help with shortening a flare or making it less severe? It's my first flare since I started remicade so any advise would be awesome thanks guys!

I had a flare on Remi, but it subsided with the next few doses. Try not to get too discouraged right now. See what happens in the next few months. If it does get worse as you think it might, that's a shame, but there are other biologics. I hope you're wrong, and you'll be back to having good days soon.

I had a flare on Remi, but it subsided with the next few doses. Try not to get too discouraged right now. See what happens in the next few months. If it does get worse as you think it might, that's a shame, but there are other biologics. I hope you're wrong, and you'll be back to having good days soon.
Thanks I'll try and stay positive. But you are right there are other biologics out there. We will see what is to come. Remicade has been great so far. Hopefully it's a small bump in the road. Thanks!

Have you changed your diet in any way? Remi works great for me, but I still have food triggers, like caffeine or too much fat. You could try a bland diet for a bit and see if it helps. Hopefully it's not leading to a full flare. :ghug:

Have you changed your diet in any way? Remi works great for me, but I still have food triggers, like caffeine or too much fat. You could try a bland diet for a bit and see if it helps. Hopefully it's not leading to a full flare. :ghug:
Thanks. The only thing that has changed is my caffeine intake. I drank more coffee this past week due to busy week of work. That's only thing I can think may of triggered it.

I gave up caffeine because it was the carbonated water variety and that was tearing my guts up. I never have been addicted to coffee though.