• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had Colonoscopy today

Well just got home from the Colonoscopy. Was told by the Dr that all looked good. He says that I have diverticulitis. He did take several biopsies and we will know in a couple of days what the results were. I just don't understand why I still hurt and have been with this flare up for over a month. I am at my whits end and just want some plausable answers.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Diverticulitis is in the IBD family, but they could of misread the test or have to wait for the biopsies. Sometimes it can take a while to get the full diagnosis. Best to wait and see. Are you on anything for meds?:hang:

Lower right quad and in the upper stomach. Either sever diarehha or constapation. It one or the other. I have had the pain now for a little over a month this time. Appendix and gall bladder have both been checked. I'm just tired of being poked and prodded on for the last 5 yrs.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yeah the common area for Crohns is LRQ, and the upper area. Could be a misdiagnosis, would'nt be a first. Yeah 5 years is hard, but suffering is something you shouldn't be. How long will it be before your doc tells you the results? Btw what country are you from?

US, I live in Montana. I will hopefully get a call this week for my next appt. I have been diag yrs ago with IBS, Then the GI Doc said IBD. I am so confussed and really getting sick of this bouncing around with a Diag.

Thank you, I am trying to hang in there. It just gets really frustrating. On top of everything else going on with me. I have psorisis which is now over 50% of my body. And the climate here in Montana is not good at all for me. We have been in Montana for a yr and I have never looked as bad as I do now. Hopefully the Air Force will see the light and get me the heck out of Montana. I need to be in a humid climate.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Psorisis is common in IBD..autoimmune problematic skin problems are common. Northern climates would be good for ya!