• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had Hartmanns opp in July 2013

Hi, this is my first time on here so please be gentle with me lol, I have had Crohns for the past 14 years and in July this year (2013) after being admitted to hospital via ambulance I had a Hartmanns procedure operation, I now have a stoma bag fitted and a large abdominal wound, I have been told by my consultant that the stoma is temporary, it's taken a little time for me to get my head round this bag situation but I'm better at it now, so there you have it just thought I would introduce myself to you all, and if you would like to ask any questions or you may think I can help you if your going through the same thing just ask and I will do my best to answer you, thank you.:)

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello wild@heart

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you have found us :) everyone here is very friendly and we are all here to help each other so if there's anything you need help with then don't be shy of asking.

How is your recovery going? Are you currently taking any medications?

I hope this transition is smooth and the recovery is speedy and uneventful. Check out the stoma subforum in the support section, they can help you get to grips with your bag and all the effects of living with a stoma.

Hi, thank you for the welcome, recovery going ok but slow, district nurses call everyday to dress the wound and stoma nurse every week just to check I'm ok, I had a CT scan on Monday just gone and I've got a colonoscopy on Friday 18th oct, I will see my consultant in about two weeks time for results of both and see when he thinks he can plan to " join me back up" as he puts it lol.

Hi, while in hospital I was taking a mixture of medication, 32 tablets a day which were steroids, pain killers, asacol, iron and others, then pain killers via IV drip, but now I'm only taking iron tablets. I don't have any pain and my Crohns is in remission.