• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had this disease since i was 7!!!....

Hey I am sort of new to this .... So here goes....i have had this disease since i was 7 ,I am 22 now and its starting to take a toll on me mentally and emotionally. My crohns is extremely active so i am in and out of hospitals 3-10 times a year. I am from jamaica and sometimes i feel like i am the only person on the island with crohns. I go to school in miami and theres a wider variety of everything diets, gi's and more persons with crohns problem is ive never actually met or spoken to anyone who has it so i would really appreciate all the advice and support from you guys

Welcome Thewrightkim. I am glad you join us. I don't know on what meds you are. But to have 3 to 10 times flare ups in a year is to much. You will be surprised how many people got Crohn's . Diet is good but you need meds to control inflammation, Find a GI who treats Crohn's to get you into remission. I know in here you would find a lot of support and information. Best wishes to you.

I am sorry to hear you have had to deal with this disease for so long.
Although there is not one perfect treatment for everybody, it is important to keep the IBD from doing major damage to the digestive system.

I am glad you found this forum. You will find so much info and lots of support.

I hope you find the treatment that works best for you and gets your IBD into remission. What is the biggest issue that sends you to the hospital?

Last edited:

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

I'm also wondering how you're treating your Crohn's and what symptoms specifically cause you to be hospitalized so often?

:hug: I hope things get better for you soon.