• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Happy New Year

Hi all New to this site. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease close to 20 years ago and have had my ups and downs with it. I am from New Brunswick, Canada. I believe in communicating with others that have this disease is the best way to go. I want to get into a holistic approach to my health in 2013. God willing, I hope someday to be an inspiration to others with this disease. God bless and happy 2013.

Angrybird

Welcome Stevester13 and a Happy New Year to you too :)

Out of interest how are things at the moment for you tummy wise? Are you currently on any meds/been on anything previously? Have you had to have any surgery at all? I do not have any knowledge with regards to alternative treatments but there may be some info for you under our diet and sups sub forum: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17. One thing I would advise is to always keep your GI doc in the loop and still see them routinely so they can keep an eye on disease activity.

AB
xx

I had major surgery in 1999, Been fairly good recently. Flare up a few days ago with bloody diarrhea and an asthma attack. I am on pentasa for it that is it. Although some meds are necessary, I think as Crohn's patients we need to treat the root cause which I believe is mainly due to our Western diet (GMO and processed foods) and stress level

Hi Sylvester and welcome to the forum. Happy New Year to you as well! I do hope your flare is settling. It's great that you've found us. Like Angry said, i would have a look around and visit some of the sub forums :). You might also want to check out Gianni - he has great juicing ideas ( link) which assist many. Best of luck to you! Thoughts and prayers! -hugs-

Thanks I love this site. We Crohnies need to stick together. I dont trust the doctors in Canada Yes they can do surgery and prescribe meds but as far as nutrition they are lacking. I just bought a magic bullet for smoothies. that is one of many things I am going to do to heal this.

Awesome! Good luck with that. I just got a Nija mixing assistant for Christmas and started my smoothie diet couple days ago. Keep me updated on how it goes for you! Thus far, I'm struggling with my fruit additives- most have seeds so I'm trying to be creative and find new ingredients :). -hugs-